- Hammer Attacker Guilty Of Attempted Murder
[21 Oct 14, 3:44pm] Philip Spence is facing life imprisonment after beating three wealthy women with a hammer as they slept with their young children.
- Record Number Of GCSEs And A-Levels Regraded
[21 Oct 14, 2:57pm] The exams regulator admits it is concerned about a huge increase in papers sent for remarking - resulting in 45,500 grade changes.
- Ambassador Demands Top Gear Public Apology
[21 Oct 14, 2:54pm] The BBC receives a complaint over remarks Jeremy Clarkson made about Argentina following protests about a car's number plate.
- Woman Killed By Falling Tree In High Winds
[21 Oct 14, 2:36pm] The remnants of Hurricane Gonzalo sweep into the UK and Ireland with forecasters predicting severe gales and heavy rain.
- Briton Found Dead With Throat Slit In Bali
[21 Oct 14, 1:54pm] Doctors confirmed the victim had several cuts to his throat, including one that severed a main artery.
- RAF Drones To Gather IS Intelligence In Syria
[21 Oct 14, 1:22pm] British aircraft are to gather information about the threat from Islamic State but the use of weapons has not been authorised.
- Brother Killed Identical Twin In Drunken Row
[21 Oct 14, 1:14pm] Robert Cerqua stabbed his brother Christopher in the stomach after a row at their parents' home on New Year's Eve.
- Pregnant Kate Glad To 'Get Out Of The House'
[21 Oct 14, 1:10pm] The Duchess, who has been suffering severe morning sickness, makes an appearance weeks after confirming she is expecting.
- Aid Boss Joins British Troops Battling Ebola
[21 Oct 14, 11:23am] International Development Secretary Justine Greening joins troops who are battling against the virus in Sierra Leone.
- Baker Street Saxophone Soloist Dies
[21 Oct 14, 10:25am] Raphael Ravenscroft was reportedly paid £27 to play on Gerry Rafferty's hit song in 1978 but was unhappy with his performance.